How do i get a Iran Visa ?
Many of Tourism when they decided to come Iran ask yourself how should How travel to Iran or how to get visa Iran or how to get a visit Iran or how much is iran visa fee
Forms to fill in, travel insurance, passport photos, visa application is always the least appealing part of travel, if you ask me. As Iran has been imposing itself as a major tourist destination, more so after the signing of the historical nuclear agreement, knowing how to apply for Iran visa is becoming quite the issue, and since many readers have been asking me for information on how to proceed, I thought it might be the case for me to finally write a post about it.
Recently the Iranian government has eased the process of getting a visa for the citizens of many countries and is looking at engaging in reciprocal visa waiver programs with some 28 nations.
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- United States
These country( Afghanistan , Bangladesh , Canada , Colombia , India , Iraq , Jordan , Nepal , Pakistan , Somalia , Sri Lanka , United Kingdom ,United States ) can get a visa but they should proceed from Travel agency or The legal company.
Admission is refused to holders of passports or travel documents containing a visa/stamp for Israel or any data that passenger has been to Israel or indication of any connection with the State of Israel.
Holders of normal passports traveling as tourist can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days (extendable for another 15 days), at the following airports :
- Shiraz Airport
- Tehran Airport
- Tabriz Airport
- Mashhad Airport
Iran visa for UK and US citizens
An exception to the rule must be acknowledged for British and North American citizens because they need to apply in advance and must have an authorized local tour leader to guide them during their trip. Due to the interruption of the relations between Iran and the US and UK, and the resulting absence of reciprocal embassies, British and American citizens applying for Iranian visa need to do it at a vicarial embassy or in another country: British citizens need to go to Ireland while Americans can do it at the Pakistani embassy (I think, but you better double-check).
Iran and the United Kingdom have recently restored diplomatic relations and embassies in both countries have been reopened, but as far as I know the visa process still goes through the Iranian embassy in Ireland. Very likely it is just a matter of time before they will do it in the UK.
If you are applying through the embassy or consulate, you will need to provide the following documents:
- filled out visa form available for download from the embassy website
- your passport with at least six months validation left
- travel insurance
- invitation letter from an Iranian tour guide
- two passport-size photos
- pay 50 euro of visa fee either at the bank indicated on the website or directly at the embassy
- leave your fingerprints when you are submitting your application (this can be done only once, they will keep it in case you wish to apply for visa again).
- filled out visa form available for download on the embassy website
- your passport with at least six months validation left
- travel insurance (you can either arrive with an insurance you bought in your country or buy one at the airport)
- two passport-size photos
- your return ticket
- copy of your hotel booking
- pay 60 euro in cash at the counter
Know More About Iran Visa
To enter Iran, a visa ist required for the citizens of all countries except Lebanon, Turkey, Malaysia, UAE, Oman, Russia, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Venezuela, Tansania, Nicaragua, Bolivia and Ecuador.
Citizens of all countries except Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Somalia, UK and USA can obtain a tourism visa on arrival (VOA) for max. 90 days at the international airports of Gheshm Island, Mashhad, Esfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz and Tehran. As per April 2017, VOA is not issued at the Airports in Bandar Abbas, Ahvaz or others, altough wrongly claimed by several websites, neither at any land border. VOA costs between 30 and 148 euros plus 16 US dollars for an Iranian health insurance, unless you bring an explicit proof of a health insurance valid in Iran (an insurer with an office in Iran). A confirmed hotel booking for the first night is required (you need to fill in the address and the phone number in the application form).
Citizens from the US, Canadia, US/American Samoa and U.K./B.O.T. are not allowed to travel to Iran independently and are required to travel on tours, either as part of a tour group or a tailor made individual tour. An exact itinerary, to which you must adhere, is compulsory.
To apply for a visa in advance, one must contact an approved Iranian travel agent who applies to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Your visa will then be authorised by the MFA and faxed to the Iranian Consulate near you. Your travel agent gives you a visa authorisation number with which you can refer to the consulate to get your visa. The visa authorisation number, however, is valid only in the consulate you have asked them your visa to be issued in. The number they give you is just an “authorisation”. This reference number means that your visa has been authorised and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but is not the visa itself.
Depending on your nationality, you may be required to present at the Iranian consulate in your country to have your fingerprints taken. British, Canadian, and American passport holders will be fingerprinted upon arrival.
After your travel agent tells you your visa authorisation number you should first get a visa application form from the consulate and follow the requirements of the application form (you may either personally go to the consulate to get the application forms or, if the service available, download it from the web site of the Iranian embassy in your country). Then, you should refer to the consulate to lodge your passports and application forms with the visa number they gave you (it can be either a physical presence or by post). Then it might take from 1-5 days for the consulate to issue your visa .
You may also need to provide a letter of recommendation from your embassy if you are applying outside your home country, a photocopy of your air tickets in and out of Iran and any student or press card .
Normally, all tourist visas issued by Iranian consulates have a 3-month validity. The visa allows you to stay in Iran for up to 30 days, although the duration of your visa is at the discretion of the Iranian Foreign Ministry.
Rarely, you may be asked to provide a letter from your employer or proof of fund. Visas are generally valid for three months that is you must enter Iran within three months of issue.
Depending on your nationality, issuing a visa may take 5 days or more.
There are reports that it is possible to get a visa in 3 days in Istanbul consulate, especially for [germans]
Types of visa: Entry, Transit, Business, Tourist and Journalist. Fee varies according to nationality of applicant, type of’ visa and the existing regulation between countries.
A visa cannot be issued for passports which have a validity of less than 6 months. Exit permits required by all (often included with visa).
- Transit visas have a maximum of 10 days.
Transit visas are usually easier to get than tourist visas (usually for one or two weeks) and very useful for people travelling between Europe and South Asia. Various travel agents inside Iran help you obtain visas, often through their home pages.
You can get an extension for your transit visa For foreign drivers carrying cargo to Iran or other countries, it is necessary to co-ordinate in advance with the Diplomatic Missions of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Tourist visas require a passport, an application form, four passport-sized photos, and a special authorisation in the form of a reference number issued by the Foreign Ministry in Tehran.
Extending a tourist visa is very easy and can be done in most cities. Some travel guides say not to do this in Tehran as it is very time consuming. This is no longer the case and the process of extending a visa in Tehran can be done in just 1 hour (including tea offerings and being the object of curiosity in the office). Extending a visa a second time requires the passport to be sent to a department in Tehran (no matter where you extend your visa from) and thus takes longer time than doing this the first time.
Although it has become easier to get a tourist visa in recent years, whether the process takes one day or one month depends largely on your nationality and the staff of the embassy you are applying to. Your best bet is to apply to the Iranian embassy in your own country at least three months before your departure, but it is possible to obtain one while travelling in other countries, with varying degrees of difficulty. Women need to make sure they are wearing the Hijab or a head scarf in their submitted passport-sized photos.
- Business visas require a passport, an application form, 4 passport-sized photos, a special authorization in the form of a reference number issued by the Foreign Ministry in Tehran, and a business letter. Business visas are extendable once, sometimes twice up to two weeks each without difficulty. One extension of one month may also be possible in some cases.
Visitors from the Persian Gulf States need no visa to enter Iran. These states are: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. People from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Turkey can get a three-month tourist visa on arrival. People from Japan can get a three-month tourist visa at an Iranian embassy with no difficulty.
Places known to extend visas happily in Iran are Tehran, Mashhad, Tabriz, Esfahan, Shiraz, Kerman and Zahedan. The extension process is normally handled at provincial police headquarters.
Entry and exit
Contact the nearest Iranian Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa before travelling to Iran. Tourist passport holders may also be eligible to apply for a 30-day tourist visa on arrival, if entering Iran via international airport (not land border crossings), which must be paid for in cash. Travellers planning on obtaining a visa on arrival should contact their nearest Iranian Embassy or Consulate for detailed information on requirements. If an application for a visa on arrival is rejected, Embassy will be unable to intervene.
As visas and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) can change at short notice, if you are considering travelling to Iran, you should contact the Embassy of Iran for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any evidence of travel to Israel, including an Israeli exit or entry stamp in your passport, you will be refused entry to Iran.
Failure to declare foreign currency taken into Iran may result in undeclared foreign exchange being confiscated on departure.
Australia Tourist Visa Information
Tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested in travelling to Iran individually or with a group for the purpose of visiting Iran or their relatives.
- Due to the new regulations, starting on September 23rd 2011, all visa applicants, along with other required documents, must enclose the proof of an adequate medical travel insurance coverage from Iranian or Foreign Insurance Agents to allow smooth processing of their application.
- Please ensure that your airline ticket does not get confirmed, unless your visa has been issued.
To lodge an application for a Tourist visa for the Islamic Republic of Iran, the following requirements and conditions must be observed:
- Fill in two (2) visa application forms.
Please note: Fill the visa application clearly all in capital letters.
- Attach two (2) recent passport photographs.
- NOTE: please pay just by Money Order
- Applicant’s passport ( with at least 6 month validity and a minimum of two blank pages. )
- Those applicants who intend to travel to Iran with their travel documents must have a valid Australian visa.
- Reserved itinerary
- Travel insurance
- There is no refund if the visa is rejected
- The holder of other passports should contact the Consulate for the visa fees.
- Registered or express envelopes with complete name and address or a pre-paid addressed courier bag for the return of the passport. Please ensure that you keep your tracking numbers in a safe place until you receive your passport.
- Enclose all the above mentioned documents in a courier bag and send it to:
Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran
P.O. Box 705 , Mawson, ACT, 2607
- Applicants under 18 years of age must submit the following additional documents:
- Birth certificate
- Parents’ Marriage certificate
- Fathers’ consent for the children travelling with their mothers
- If a marriage is not officially registered with the Embassy, or in case of divorce, the mother must submit a certificate of her child’s custody.
- Applicants who have legally renounced their Iranian citizenship must also provide a certificate of his or her renunciation.
- Australian passport holders can travel to Iran and obtain 30 days visa at the airport. For more information visit Airport Visa in this website. Iranians whit dual citizenships (Iranian/Australian) are excluded and they should present their Iranian passports on arrival.
- Tourist and pilgrimage visa applicants who are not eligible for Airport Visa are required to apply to get a Visa Reference Number before lodging their visa application to Iranian Embassy in Canberra. To obtain a Visa Reference Number you should send a copy of your passport to your invitee (sponsor) in Iran. Your invitee (sponsor) can go to a travel agent in Iran and fill invitation form. After processing and approval of form by Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs you will receive a Visa Reference Number.
Remarks: In case an applicant is sponsored by friends or family members in Iran and the visa authorization has been issued by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it would still be mandatory to submit the abovementioned documents.
- If you have sent your application by post, you do not need to come to the embassy to follow-up your application or collect your passport. Once your visa application has been processed, your passport will be sent back to you.
- Allow four weeks for the processing of your application. We shall make every effort to process your application as quickly as possible. During processing period please do not track your application by telephone, fax or email.
- Incomplete applications are subject to delays or will be returned to your address.
- Persons wishing to visit the Embassy to discuss their applications should make an appointment with the Consul by fax.
FAX No. : 02 – 6290 2825
Note: The Consular section may call the applicant for interview, if it is necessary
United State Tourist Visa Information
For US Citizens…
US citizens can apply for a visa at the Iranian Interest Section of the Pakistani Embassy in Washington. However, US citizens must have an MFA-approved guide to accompany them for the entire trip and must have an exact itinerary. This generally precludes crossing into Iran at any border, as your guide would have to meet you at the border. Tour guides, however, are generally friendly to Americans, understand the process, and can work with you to set up a custom itinerary for you.
To get the visa, US citizens must work in advance with an Iranian travel agency to set up a guided itinerary; only then, that travel agency may apply for a visa authorization number from the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once approved, the authorization number is transmitted to the interest section. At that point, the applicant can then apply for the visa. Turnaround times can be as short as a week, but the interest section does not reliably answer emails or phone calls.
Iran Visa For US Pepole
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Executive Order issued by the President of the United States
barring Iranian immigrants from entering U.S. soil, this is to confirm that
American individuals whose requests were processed and their visas were
approved will have no difficulty travelling to the Islamic Republic of Iran and we
do honor their visas. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
Data Collection by Mehdi Karparvar